Thursday, May 25, 2017

CELEBRATING 40 YEARS IN A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY...

I did not see Star Wars on it's opening weekend, but we did see it at the old 85 drive in just outside Atlanta. It was a full day. They had a flea market at the drive in during the day and I got some comic books (I also became an Avengers fan that day too. The comic I got was Marvel Super Action #22, which reprinted The Avengers # 61), we had dinner, then came back for a double feature of The Jungle Book followed by Star Wars. It was a magical day that changed my life. 40 years later, Star Wars is still a part of my fandom and I eagerly await the new movie. 

May The Force Be With You. Always.

Bobby



1977 was a big year for 6 year old me.
UPDATED: MY TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE--
It amazes me that on the day I saw Star Wars and The Jungle Book for the first time was the same day I also became an Avengers fan. At the flea market at the drive in before the movies, my parents bought me a comic book. The comic I got was Marvel Super Action #22, which reprinted The Avengers # 61 that featured The Avengers (Hawkeye, Black Panther, The Vision, The Black Knight, and guest star: Doctor Strange) battling Ymir and Surtur (who I would later discover to be Thor villains) in a story with the cool title "Some Say the World Will End in Fire... Some Say In Ice!" by the stellar creative team of Roy Thomas (writer), John Buscema (pencils), and George Klein (inks). I was enthralled by this group and would have loved to see this team together more.

No comments: