Wednesday, August 23, 2017

THE WRAP UP-- DCPL AUTHOR EVENT 2017!


I was honored to be a guest for the first in what I hope will become an annual event, the 2017 DCPL Author Expo. The Expo was held on Saturday, August 19th in Tucker, Georgia at the Tucker-Reid H. Cofer Library. It was my first time visiting this particular library and I had a great time. I will definitely have to return for a visit.

The Author Expo featured a rather large selection of local talent with books ranging from spiritual to children's literature, fantasy to sci fi, mystery to religious, self help to crime fiction.

There were no panels, but each author was given a two minute window to introduce themselves and their work. I got a nice life when I opened my time with "Hi. My name is Bobby Nash and I kill people for a living... in books." I also had a moment to take a couple of questions from the audience before my time was up.

All in all, I had a fun time, sold a few books (Hollis P.I. was the biggest mover at this event), met some incredibly talented men and women, and showed off my books and passed out business cards with purchase links for those who might like to pick up a book later. I even set up a couple of author interviews and book reviews out of it. A great way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

A big thank you to Teresa Totten and the staff at the Tucker-Reid H. Cofer Library, and the DeKalb County Public Library system for having me and for putting on such a fun event.

Let's do it again next year.

Bobby

Click Read More... to see more photos from the event.

Click for larger view.















1 comment:

stevenjared0853 said...

Wow, I am impressed to read these details from the author event. I am just in love with these details. I also have to host a book expo but I am not able to find any good event space Chicago for that. If anyone here has recommendations, Please share here.