Monday, May 21, 2018

THE WRAP UP-- SAVANNAH MEGA COMIC CON


Truly outrageous!
Apologies for the delay, but it's been a busy week. On May 12 - 13th I was in historic Savannah, Georgia for the Savannah Mega Comic Con 2018. I had a fun time at the event, in spite of a few logistical issues, which we got worked out fairly quickly. There was a nice, but small crowd at the con and I sold a few books, not as many as I had hoped, but... and I did several sketches. Teaming up with my pals, John Hartness and Davey Beauchamp, I offered a free sketch card piece of art to anyone who came by my table that bought something from either of them and showed it to me. It got a lot of people to the table so I'd call it a successful idea (it was all John's idea, that clever so and so) that I will have to do again.


I had a fun time hanging out with friends, meeting some new folks too, which is a nice bonus. On Saturday night, John, Davey, and I discovered The Chromatic Dragon restaurant and video game bar. It was nerd paradise. We loved it!

Thanks again, Savannah Mega Comic Con for having me at your con.

Bobby

Click Read More... to see photos from the event.

Click on images for a larger view.



One of the highlights of the con was catching up with my friend, the truly outrageous Samantha Newark, the actor behind JEM and the Transformer's Arcee. Always great seeing you, Sam.
I hope you had a great con.
John and Davey

What do I do during slow periods of the con? I work. Forgot to bring my laptop to the event on Saturday so I jotted down notes the old fashioned way. Typed out notes on 4 different stories to be written. My plots are generally loose. And, yeah, it's blurred on purpose to avoid spoilers and such.

Dammit, Jim, I'm a doctor, not a sketch card!



Pure energy.

It was 16th her birthday so... 

The Chromatic Dragon

We had a nice chat about the life, death, and rebirth of Jason Todd while I worked on this Red Hood sketch.

2nd sketch of the weekend. Did this Iron Man doodle during a slow spell.

1st free sketch of the weekend. Rachel picked up items from me, John Hartness and Davey Beauchamp, which got her a free ebook and free sketch. This is Castiel from Supernatural (I don't do likenesses well, as you can see). Ha! Thanks, Rachel. 

Doing some writing while waiting for the Savannah Mega Comic Con to open on Sunday.
I got there early to get a parking spot.

Fascinating.

Spidey!

Now this was a cool sketch request. He wanted Chuck Norris and I was reminded of the Chuck Norris Joke about Chuck being bit by a snake. After three days of intense pain... the snake died.

Baby Groot is deceptively hard to draw. Looks easy, but isn't.








No comments: